b3achy posted in Bugs 8 years ago

When I tried to enter the game, I get the turning Ur screen, and when it tries to load me into a street, the game screen goes dark, it says 'Sorry the Server isn't Online, Try again later' and it reloaded my system - repetatively.  However, I can see from the profiles page and from a quick glance at the chat when the dark screen pops up that there are three others in game right now.  Do I need a character reboot of some sort?  I'll try back later.

b3achy replied 8 years ago

Tried again, and now I'm past perpetual reload, and getting an Ur that is off kilter (street signs not places properly, my avatar isn't recognized nor in the world)...pretty much the same issue that is mentioned here: http://childrenofur.com/forums/thread?id=115

Tried again, and now I'm past perpetual reload, and getting an Ur that is off kilter (street signs not places properly, my avatar isn't recognized nor in the world)...pretty much the same issue that is mentioned here: http://childrenofur.com/forums/thread?id=115

Back to perpetual reload.  Was able to 'play' a little last night, but frankly the inventory with bags is so mucked up, it is difficult to play.  Couldn't put anything in the bag or move stuff around in the inventory.  Couldn't get an emo-bear to take the lips or moon. 

BTW, why do you have a bugs discussion thread if you want bugs reported to GitHub...and why should I have to get yet another account on another system/service to provide feedback?  Would rather see this forum and GitHub to be linked/synced together so you can post to either location.

Back to perpetual reload.  Was able to 'play' a little last night, but frankly the inventory with bags is so mucked up, it is difficult to play.  Couldn't put anything in the bag or move stuff around in the inventory.  Couldn't get an emo-bear to take the lips or moon. 

\r\n

BTW, why do you have a bugs discussion thread if you want bugs reported to GitHub...and why should I have to get yet another account on another system/service to provide feedback?  Would rather see this forum and GitHub to be linked/synced together so you can post to either location.

Klikini replied 8 years ago

b3achy,

Sorry we haven't been responding to forums posts, we've been really busy lately, and I'm constantly sifting through the giant wave of bug reports to remove duplicates and put high-priority (broken in the latest update) in a list for the next update.

The reason we have a GitHub repo for issues is that it provides additional features like labels, milestones, links to our code changes, open/closed states, etc. Though yes, once we get the game in a more complete state it might be nice to add a few of these features to the forums and move away from GitHub. However, the game fixes come first.

There is no need to create a GitHub account if you have an account here, using the bug report button in-game will create a GitHub issue for you, posting it as cou-issue-bot.

As for the forum category: it exists partly because I copied the original Glitch categories, and partly because, as you said above, people probably don't want to create another account just to discuss issues with other players and devs.

Sorry the inventory is a mess! The inventory system was redone entirely in the last week or so before launch to work with bags, and there were many bugs we didn't discover.

Let me know if you need help, have any more questions, or suggestions (I'll watch this thread now).

As for the reloading, try using Chrome (if you're not already), then ctrl + f5 (to clear any old versions of the code that may be causing problems).

b3achy,

\r\n

Sorry we haven't been responding to forums posts, we've been really busy lately, and I'm constantly sifting through the giant wave of bug reports to remove duplicates and put high-priority (broken in the latest update) in a list for the next update.

\r\n

The reason we have a GitHub repo for issues is that it provides additional features like labels, milestones, links to our code changes, open/closed states, etc. Though yes, once we get the game in a more complete state it might be nice to add a few of these features to the forums and move away from GitHub. However, the game fixes come first.

\r\n

There is no need to create a GitHub account if you have an account here, using the bug report button in-game will create a GitHub issue for you, posting it as cou-issue-bot.

\r\n

As for the forum category: it exists partly because I copied the original Glitch categories, and partly because, as you said above, people probably don't want to create another account just to discuss issues with other players and devs.

\r\n

Sorry the inventory is a mess! The inventory system was redone entirely in the last week or so before launch to work with bags, and there were many bugs we didn't discover.

\r\n

Let me know if you need help, have any more questions, or suggestions (I'll watch this thread now).

\r\n

As for the reloading, try using Chrome (if you're not already), then ctrl + f5 (to clear any old versions of the code that may be causing problems).

Zean replied 8 years ago

"There is no need to create a GitHub account if you have an account here, using the bug report button in-game will create a GitHub issue for you, posting it as cou-issue-bot."

could it be possible to have a bug report button somewhere outside the game too? cause if it's not possible to get into the game that bug button ingame is not reachable (into the game login page would be good) (besides, why i'm asked to login again when getting into the game, even if i'm already logged into the forums/blog/site?)

about bug reports instead, if there are that many duplicates, how complex would it be to have the bug report form allow the input of tags? and multiple tags also? (or have more defined tags to be picked, cause "bug" is very generic)

or also search by tags to show the most recent reports with that tag? (so the reporter could see if there is already a report for the thing they are reporting)

that could help with the sorting and management of duplicates, since they would get sorted before they get created/sent

cause manually sorting and removing duplicates looks like an huge waste of time

Zean replied 8 years ago

"There is no need to create a GitHub account if you have an account here, using the bug report button in-game will create a GitHub issue for you, posting it as cou-issue-bot."

\r\n

could it be possible to have a bug report button somewhere outside the game too? cause if it's not possible to get into the game that bug button ingame is not reachable (into the game login page would be good) (besides, why i'm asked to login again when getting into the game, even if i'm already logged into the forums/blog/site?)

\r\n

\r\n

about bug reports instead, if there are that many duplicates, how complex would it be to have the bug report form allow the input of tags? and multiple tags also? (or have more defined tags to be picked, cause "bug" is very generic)

\r\n

or also search by tags to show the most recent reports with that tag? (so the reporter could see if there is already a report for the thing they are reporting)

\r\n

that could help with the sorting and management of duplicates, since they would get sorted before they get created/sent

\r\n

cause manually sorting and removing duplicates looks like an huge waste of time

Zean replied 8 years ago

"As for the reloading, try using Chrome (if you're not already), then ctrl + f5"

tried this right now, still looping

also, right now

3 Players Online
EchoSpiritScythanErrorZean

i'm marked in too now xD

finally got in for real now(just abandoned it there reloading for a while), and it's raining, music is slowing down, mouse not responding..

there are cpu spikes when i bring the browser window on front, 100% cpu goes away when i minimize it

forget what i said, spikes happen even when it's minimized, funnily while the screen is frozen i can still type this post xD

disabled the weather now, will see if things improve

no good, cpu spiked while doing a triple jump

managed to find and buy a bag and a fruit changing machine, but the bag duplicated and now the fruit machine is nowhere to be seen, oh, it appears under the bag, managed to get it back in the main slots by dropping it on the ground and picking it back

arg,  got out by error, and now the loop starts once again...

and, the fruit machine which i had dropped on the ground to unglitch it got lost after i got back in (are dropped items not saved in the world yet?)

and now i'm dead, funny the broken hell xD

grapes in tomato hell street? what is this madness?

ohohoh, i'm back alive, i've 6 energy, i'm going to die again

well, that was a nice bug trip, gonna call it a day now

^the forum formatting seems a bit messed up too, tried to use the blockquote, but seems my copy/paste did bring in also the formatting of the profile page

Zean replied 8 years ago

"As for the reloading, try using Chrome (if you're not already), then ctrl + f5"

\r\n

tried this right now, still looping

\r\n

\r\n

also, right now

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
3 Players Online
\r\nEchoSpiritScythanErrorZean
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n

i'm marked in too now xD

\r\n

\r\n

finally got in for real now(just abandoned it there reloading for a while), and it's raining, music is slowing down, mouse not responding..

\r\n

there are cpu spikes when i bring the browser window on front, 100% cpu goes away when i minimize it

\r\n

forget what i said, spikes happen even when it's minimized, funnily while the screen is frozen i can still type this post xD

\r\n

disabled the weather now, will see if things improve

\r\n

no good, cpu spiked while doing a triple jump

\r\n

\r\n

managed to find and buy a bag and a fruit changing machine, but the bag duplicated and now the fruit machine is nowhere to be seen, oh, it appears under the bag, managed to get it back in the main slots by dropping it on the ground and picking it back

\r\n

\r\n

arg,  got out by error, and now the loop starts once again...

\r\n

and, the fruit machine which i had dropped on the ground to unglitch it got lost after i got back in (are dropped items not saved in the world yet?)

\r\n

and now i'm dead, funny the broken hell xD

\r\n

grapes in tomato hell street? what is this madness?

\r\n

ohohoh, i'm back alive, i've 6 energy, i'm going to die again

\r\n

\r\n

well, that was a nice bug trip, gonna call it a day now

\r\n

\r\n

^the forum formatting seems a bit messed up too, tried to use the blockquote, but seems my copy/paste did bring in also the formatting of the profile page

Zean:

The bug report window actually applies GitHub (either bug or suggestion), but I could work on checkboxes for more (like broken street, inventory, etc)

As for having it on the game loading screen, this would not be possible because the code for the window would not be loaded if the game is not working. If you cannot log in (due to account issues, server issues, browser incompatibility, etc), the best option is to let us know directly.

The reloading in caused by a slow or crashed server, which is not uncommon with the bag bugs lately. I worked on fixing a few of the recently reported issues yesterday, the rest are harder to track down.

Glad you finally got in, sorry it was so buggy though :P

Zean:

\r\n

The bug report window actually applies GitHub (either bug or suggestion), but I could work on checkboxes for more (like broken street, inventory, etc)

\r\n

As for having it on the game loading screen, this would not be possible because the code for the window would not be loaded if the game is not working. If you cannot log in (due to account issues, server issues, browser incompatibility, etc), the best option is to let us know directly.

\r\n

The reloading in caused by a slow or crashed server, which is not uncommon with the bag bugs lately. I worked on fixing a few of the recently reported issues yesterday, the rest are harder to track down.

\r\n

Glad you finally got in, sorry it was so buggy though :P

\r\n

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.