If you want to vote on replies to this thread, you need to log in.

Lux Interior posted in Voting 8 years ago

I see all these posts for 'names' and 'we need to be called something else'. I feel like these people are disrespecting Glitch by wanting to be called something else. I'm not trying to open a can of worms and offend anyone. Our roots was Glitch, we were the children of Giants. Some of us saw it as a game some of us actually cried the day it was shut down because it was more than that. We were all Glitchen at heart and I believe I'm not the only one when I say I've become a 'real life Glitch' so to speak. Tiny Speck released all of this to be used and the least we can do is keep the name Glitchen. No Urchins or Uropeans or anything else but our roots of Glitchen. I love the name Children, and I'd rather be called that if we can't be called Glitchen anymore than the other names out there because I feel like Glitch was another 'parent' so to speak and that our little avatars was it's beautiful children.

0 pts

Lux Interior replied 8 years ago

I completely agree with you Dartha! I did also propose the name Children though as well. We will all be Glitchen, the new players too even if they don't know it, but we are also the Children of a game. And now that game fathers new ones such as CoU. Again like I stated above, I'd prefer Children better.

0 pts

Lux Interior replied 8 years ago

I completely agree with you Dartha! I did also propose the name Children though as well. We will all be Glitchen, the new players too even if they don't know it, but we are also the Children of a game. And now that game fathers new ones such as CoU. Again like I stated above, I'd prefer Children better.

-1 pt

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

I like Urlings. Dunno why :)

-1 pt

Dartha replied 8 years ago

I think many of us would love to use the term Glitchen to refer to ourselves.  From what I remember, I don't think Tiny Speck wants games like COU using the title Glitch or any variations of it.  The reasoning was something to do with potentially causing confusion among new players, never introduced to Glitch or other games like it.  I can understand that entirely.  What if someone tried to re-make Glitch, used the name for a less-than-acceptable game, and ruined people's perception of the original Glitch?  It wouldn't be fair to the original creators.  Even if the name Glitch was used for good, it could still cause confusion between the two games.

At least, that's how I remember it.  Hopefully someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

-1 pt

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

I like Urlings. Dunno why :)

-1 pt

Dartha replied 8 years ago

I think many of us would love to use the term Glitchen to refer to ourselves.  From what I remember, I don't think Tiny Speck wants games like COU using the title Glitch or any variations of it.  The reasoning was something to do with potentially causing confusion among new players, never introduced to Glitch or other games like it.  I can understand that entirely.  What if someone tried to re-make Glitch, used the name for a less-than-acceptable game, and ruined people's perception of the original Glitch?  It wouldn't be fair to the original creators.  Even if the name Glitch was used for good, it could still cause confusion between the two games.

\r\n

At least, that's how I remember it.  Hopefully someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.