OMG BACON!! posted in Bugs 7 years ago

Whenever I try to type in a message to Global Chat, it doesn't show up in the log. Other players don't see it either. This is weird, because the same thing happens in Local Chat except players nearby CAN see what I'm saying! Wondering if this is something to do with a filtering program I have on my computer (though I checked, I don't see any), or if it's just something funky with my account. Other players' messages show up, but I can't respond to them.

MayorOfJotunheimr replied 7 years ago

I removed the special character (ö) from my name and now Global Chat works. Sad to see my old name (and boring old style) disappear but that seems to be the fix for now. I guess you'll have to part ways with your spaces and/or exclamation marks. As I recall, special characters was your theory and it looks like you were right! Looking forward to actually speaking to people who are on different streets now!

I removed the special character (ö) from my name and now Global Chat works. Sad to see my old name (and boring old style) disappear but that seems to be the fix for now. I guess you'll have to part ways with your spaces and/or exclamation marks. As I recall, special characters was your theory and it looks like you were right! Looking forward to actually speaking to people who are on different streets now!

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.