Hawkwell posted in Off Topic 7 years ago

If you've ever wandered through Fern End and Berecroy Woods in Groddle Forest you may have wondered why they looked so different from any other streets - filled almost to overflowing with flowers, mushrooms and every imaginable colourful decoration. The reason is that in the earliest Alpha days of Glitch part of the plan for developing Ur was to allow the players to help design streets, and (I believe - I wasn't quite there yet) a system of voting was used to choose what to add to new streets. Well, Fern and Berecroy were the first streets built under this system, and, presumably the Tiny Speck team was so appalled by the overblown result that these two became the first and only streets decorated by vote of the players! 

Hawkwell replied 7 years ago

Wandering around the south end of Groddle Forest I came across a few other similarly flowery streets, so I guess it was more like 4 or 5 before Tiny Speck figured player design of streets wasn't going to work. I'm still particularly found of Berecroy Woods and Fern End, though.

Hawkwell replied 7 years ago

Wandering around the south end of Groddle Forest I came across a few other similarly flowery streets, so I guess it was more like 4 or 5 before Tiny Speck figured player design of streets wasn't going to work. I'm still particularly found of Berecroy Woods and Fern End, though.

lizzard replied 7 years ago

I like them too, maybe in contrast to some of the less exuberant streets!

lizzard replied 7 years ago

I like them too, maybe in contrast to some of the less exuberant streets!

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.