Skymaw posted in Bugs 7 years ago

Lots of new achievements got added (back) in while I was gone, so I was thrilled to run around watering trees and things and collecting a whole bunch of achievements that were missing. Fun! However, I've found that with some of them, the lower achievements stayed grayed out, making them theoretically impossible to get. Like, I would get an achievement for petting 200-something fruit trees, but the lower ones for 50-something and so on wouldn't appear. 

Hopefully it should be simple enough to let achievement actions check retroactively what needs to be awarded. 

Has this been happening to anyone else? I'm missing e.g. 2-Star Cuisinartist (have 1 & 3), the Tree Hugger achievements below 283, the lower level knife & board achievements, and maybe some others. 

(On an unrelated note, I'd love it if the animal handling achievements were added in a near future update.) 

lizzard replied 7 years ago

I don't think we will do retroactive acheivements! I have noticed the same thing.

I am looking at adding more achievements soon (beaker and test tube ones are done on the dev server now) because it's often simple enough for me to understand how to fix a broken one or add a new one.  I'd like to add mining, refining, animals, and fix the donation/giants badges too.  We'll see!  Once we get them into production I will definitely ask for help testing them too.

lizzard replied 7 years ago

I don't think we will do retroactive acheivements! I have noticed the same thing.

\r\n

I am looking at adding more achievements soon (beaker and test tube ones are done on the dev server now) because it's often simple enough for me to understand how to fix a broken one or add a new one.  I'd like to add mining, refining, animals, and fix the donation/giants badges too.  We'll see!  Once we get them into production I will definitely ask for help testing them too.

babi replied 7 years ago

but the Cooking / Trees Achievmemt work perfectly on avatars who hadn't the chance to get them before nor the superior ones, So Thanks!

All is working fine at the moment, at least for what I have tried on my alt account

babi replied 7 years ago

but the Cooking / Trees Achievmemt work perfectly on avatars who hadn't the chance to get them before nor the superior ones, So Thanks!

\r\n

All is working fine at the moment, at least for what I have tried on my alt account

Carnivale Justice replied 6 years ago

@lizzard  I am really curious as to why retroactive achievements likely won't be added?  I really hope that this will be reconsidered.

As an early on starter and a frequent player of CoU, I find it disheartening still not having all of the achievements that I have earned from the beginning.

Carnivale Justice replied 6 years ago

@lizzard  I am really curious as to why retroactive achievements likely won't be added?  I really hope that this will be reconsidered.

\r\n

As an early on starter and a frequent player of CoU, I find it disheartening still not having all of the achievements that I have earned from the beginning.

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.