woochi posted in Bugs 7 years ago

ALL:

Is anyone else experiencing consistent chrome errors that require a reload to resolve when teleporting or transitioning between regions? (not between streets in a region but to a new region)

Devs:

Mainly, it affects teleport, with *some normal walking transitions occuring without awSnap (sorry I don't have  a listing of which ones work) and some that do . The problem usually occurs shortly after the transition has taken place, rather than during screen/location load, and usually within moments of my first action after transitioning (although sometimes for as long as a couple of actions). Normally,  performing a reload resolves the issue.  Another symptom is sluggish game timing after the transition (not always but most often)

Based on the occassional continuance of the previous regions' music (when applicable and inconsistent with the new region), and occassional messaging consistent with the previous environement when performing an action (for instance, I water a tree and a mining updater shows instead of or in addition to the watering updater) I suspect (though can't confirm directly) that the environment isn't being updated correctly, leaving residual environment values from the last region which cause some crashable issue. Or maybe the environment isn't being purged fully before loading the new environment?

Anyway... I don't know if this is stuff you're already aware of,  if my description might help track down the source, or if you simply don't experience it for whatever reason and/or can't duplicate...

thanks for listening and thanks for bringing Ur back,

woochi

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.