jerk nugget posted in Bugs 4 years ago

just wondering if anyone who experienced this bug found a resolution? basically my entire inventory appears empty, although everything is still there. the result is that i cannot do anything in game. i can't purchase new stuff because the game sees my inventory as still full, but i can't use anything i already have, because on my end it reads as empty. i have seen it mentioned in global chat and on the github bugs page, but aside from one person whose inventory magically reappeared the same day it disappeared, all the other reports were just labeled "cannot recreate" and subsequently closed, so idk if they were able to be helped or they just stopped playing. (my hope is that someone from CofU can restore my account back from a time it was working properly.) 

you can see a screenshot of what i mean if you scroll to the bottom of this bug page:
https://github.com/ChildrenOfUr/cou-issues/issues/2779

i know it's a ghost town around here (rip) but since i've already reached out via github, twitter, and email, i just thought i'd cover all my bases - if you've seen me asking about this the past week or so i apologize for being the most annoying glitch in town lol, i'm sure i sound like a broken record but i just want to play. i was having so much fun building my cubimal collection and stocking all my shops and restaurants. i appreciate you all!

cheers!
-JN

jerk nugget replied 4 years ago

UPDATE: SOLVED! if you encounter this bug you can:

- try another browser (i encountered the bug on chrome, but could play as normal on firefox)
- in chrome, clear your cache/cookies/etc including going to the advanced tab and manually adding "hosted app data" and clear from ALL TIME. afterwards, if you can't log into game with autofill, manually type in your username & password. (if this doesn't work on the game page, do it from the login page.) if the game loads after those steps and the bug persists, refresh. 

& reposting from the github page in hopes this may be useful to someone in the future:

short story: this is now resolved and can be closed, appears to be a client issue.

long story: encountered the bug on chrome, so i signed into firefox and could access inventory as normal. firefox runs like shit on my laptop though, so i wanted to resolve the issue with chrome. i had initially tried restarting (game, browser, computer), logging in on chrome on a different computer, and clearing cache/cookies from the past week with no results. i moved on to clearing cache/cookies/etc from all time, as well as going into the advanced settings and including "hosted app data."

at this point, i couldn't log into game at all - just got an eternal loading screen from the /game page. i tried going to the /login page, and as my username & pw were autofilled, i could not log in there either. (no error, just seemed the equivalent of doing nothing.) i then manually erased and typed in my login information and was able to log in, and then access the game, where my inventory was still blank. moments later i got a full screen "sorry, the server is down" message. i refreshed, and everything was back to normal and my inventory was visible again.

i'm not sure what caused the original bug, and i'm also not sure if there's an additional bug right now with the login screen(s) on chrome, or something to do with chrome's autofill, or what, but i hope this can help someone in the future should they encounter the same bug.

jerk nugget replied 4 years ago

UPDATE: SOLVED! if you encounter this bug you can:

- try another browser (i encountered the bug on chrome, but could play as normal on firefox)
- in chrome, clear your cache/cookies/etc including going to the advanced tab and manually adding "hosted app data" and clear from ALL TIME. afterwards, if you can't log into game with autofill, manually type in your username & password. (if this doesn't work on the game page, do it from the login page.) if the game loads after those steps and the bug persists, refresh. 

& reposting from the github page in hopes this may be useful to someone in the future:

\n

short story: this is now resolved and can be closed, appears to be a client issue.

\n

long story: encountered the bug on chrome, so i signed into firefox and could access inventory as normal. firefox runs like shit on my laptop though, so i wanted to resolve the issue with chrome. i had initially tried restarting (game, browser, computer), logging in on chrome on a different computer, and clearing cache/cookies from the past week with no results. i moved on to clearing cache/cookies/etc from all time, as well as going into the advanced settings and including "hosted app data."

\n

at this point, i couldn't log into game at all - just got an eternal loading screen from the /game page. i tried going to the /login page, and as my username & pw were autofilled, i could not log in there either. (no error, just seemed the equivalent of doing nothing.) i then manually erased and typed in my login information and was able to log in, and then access the game, where my inventory was still blank. moments later i got a full screen "sorry, the server is down" message. i refreshed, and everything was back to normal and my inventory was visible again.

\n

i'm not sure what caused the original bug, and i'm also not sure if there's an additional bug right now with the login screen(s) on chrome, or something to do with chrome's autofill, or what, but i hope this can help someone in the future should they encounter the same bug.

Shreds replied 4 years ago

Thanks so much for this! I was wondering if it was because of my 4k display or something like that.

It works in Firefox, I wonder why not in Brave browser though... maybe some ressource is blocked.

Anyway thanks again!

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.