cthulhu posted in Off Topic 7 years ago

To welcome our newbies, I propose that each newbie (below Level 10) will receive from me (or any other veteran that signs up for this endeavour by vouching to do so below) a "Welcome Newbie"  Pack that contains: 

10 coffees 

spinach

awesome stews

Emotional bear

Sneezing Powder

seasoned egg of random choice

I chose these items because I want to welcome the new players and spark their interest in the game, but I don't wish to give them too much (like icons or diamonds) so they have something to work for and get the achievements.

In order for the newbies to receive this pack, all they need to do is write below a few words to introduce themselves. 

Oh, and any suggestions are more than welcomed! Have fun!

EDIT1: I'm taking out the Sneezing Powder and add a small bag instead because the powder doesn't work yet and the small inventory is really annoying. Added some random Seeds too.

EDIT 2: People who got the Pack:

Inara

White Tiger

Jixel

Jynnan Tonnyx  

hepi

Lucy66

Blun

jdiwnab

Flairz

popsiclegt

kittyboy

crrrystal

Adamarie the Snarky

noqualia

Ozlaine

Thaderator replied 7 years ago

I have opened an issue to get this implemented in the game. We can create a recipe that will bundle all of these things up into an item. Then you can carry stacks of this item around with you. See the GitHub issue for my slightly more detailed thoughts: https://github.com/ChildrenOfUr/cou-issues/issues/1068

I have opened an issue to get this implemented in the game. We can create a recipe that will bundle all of these things up into an item. Then you can carry stacks of this item around with you. See the GitHub issue for my slightly more detailed thoughts: https://github.com/ChildrenOfUr/cou-issues/issues/1068

babi replied 7 years ago

We could use the Gift Box and fill in with some things for a first welcome in Game and as a Starter pack to let them be able to play and to have enough energy to enjoy the first levels in the game.

To give this box or bundle once there were Greeters who were supposed to welcome the "new" players in game and gave them few starting items.

Now I don't know if the same will be possible here as would be possible if there will be Greeters available on line 24/24h 7/7 days.

Just an idea : Could be possible to use an Npc to give them the bundle and could be part of a quest at a certain level achieved.

On the other side a "welcome" by a real player  was always appreciated. 

Something to think about.

Just my 2 cents :)

babi replied 7 years ago

We could use the Gift Box and fill in with some things for a first welcome in Game and as a Starter pack to let them be able to play and to have enough energy to enjoy the first levels in the game.

\r\n

To give this box or bundle once there were Greeters who were supposed to welcome the "new" players in game and gave them few starting items.

\r\n

Now I don't know if the same will be possible here as would be possible if there will be Greeters available on line 24/24h 7/7 days.

\r\n

Just an idea : Could be possible to use an Npc to give them the bundle and could be part of a quest at a certain level achieved.

\r\n

On the other side a "welcome" by a real player  was always appreciated. 

\r\n

Something to think about.

\r\n

Just my 2 cents :)

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

@ Thaderator: that's a great idea. We have issues with our over-packed inventories as it is, so a bundle is great.

@babi: The quest is not a bad idea. But I honestly prefer the personal touch for the Gift Box or Welcome Pack or whatever. That way, the newcomer can interact and ask questions and, well, feel welcomed. Maybe we can make some other part of social interaction a quest, like say "Hi!" to 5 different players (which means the newbie has to track the players and teleport on whatever street these are).

@ Thaderator: that's a great idea. We have issues with our over-packed inventories as it is, so a bundle is great.

\r\n

@babi: The quest is not a bad idea. But I honestly prefer the personal touch for the Gift Box or Welcome Pack or whatever. That way, the newcomer can interact and ask questions and, well, feel welcomed. Maybe we can make some other part of social interaction a quest, like say "Hi!" to 5 different players (which means the newbie has to track the players and teleport on whatever street these are).

\r\n

babi replied 7 years ago

oh like the Hi  5 yes!

Sounds good to me and will imply interaction with players 

yes!

babi replied 7 years ago

oh like the Hi  5 yes!

\r\n

Sounds good to me and will imply interaction with players 

\r\n

yes!

\r\n

Was this thread always titled "The"? I feel like something went missing.

Was this thread always titled "The"? I feel like something went missing.

Fixed the title.

Fixed the title.

Inara got her pack.

Inara got her pack.

\r\n

White Tiger replied 7 years ago

Hiya - can I get a newbie pack please? I'm learning all over again 

White Tiger replied 7 years ago

Hiya - can I get a newbie pack please? I'm learning all over again 

\r\n

White Tiger got his Pack

White Tiger got his Pack

Jixel got her Pack.

Jixel got her Pack.

Jinnan Tonnyx  got his pack. Here's me waiting to deliver the goodie bag, because my map was broken and JT didn't have enough energy to teleport, so he walked... while I was valiantly guarding the loot.  Oh, I can't upload the image :(.

Jinnan Tonnyx  got his pack. Here's me waiting to deliver the goodie bag, because my map was broken and JT didn't have enough energy to teleport, so he walked... while I was valiantly guarding the loot.  Oh, I can't upload the image :(.

Kaleesi replied 7 years ago

Hello, this game was fun and glad to see it back again. smile

Kaleesi replied 7 years ago

Hello, this game was fun and glad to see it back again. smile

hepi got his Pack. I need to welcome Kaleesi and MisBehavin', but we didn't manage to be online at the same time (unless somebody offers to give the Pack to them). 

hepi got his Pack. I need to welcome Kaleesi and MisBehavin', but we didn't manage to be online at the same time (unless somebody offers to give the Pack to them). 

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.