lizzard posted in General 7 years ago

* Tips for starting play.childrenofur.com

* What stuff to do first to bootstrap your character

To interact with something interactable, get near it till it is highlighted, then hit enter. You can also click with the mouse. That will show you options to interact. You can use the number keys and enter key to select an option, or click the options. 

Pet a pig once or twice, till the "nibble" option appears, then nibble it. This gives you meat in your inventory, which is the row of boxes at the bottom of the screen. You can eat the meat to replenish your energy. It isn't very efficient but it is an easy way to eat in the early game.  You can't nibble from the same pig twice (in the same day), usually. You have to find another one. 

Harvest from trees, to get spice, fruit, bubbles, and so on. 

Sell what you harvest to vendors, which are the floating brown things with eyes on most streets. Since your 8-slot inventory will fill up fast with different objects, keep harvesting and selling to any old vendor, little by little. 

If you get a music block from a tree, sell it to a vendor in the early game to get around 300 in currancy.   

Say no to the quest about feeding pigs, it is only useful a little later in the game, and the seeds you get from that right now don't work to plant in the gardens. 

* Where to go first 

You start play in Cebarkul. Go left towards the sign for Oktybarya, and click on the sign to change streets. Then go left some more to Groddle Forest Junction. 

You can click on the plus sign by the map to see where you are.   

Groddle Forest (and nearby Groddle Meadow) are good easy starting areas with lots of trees and animals. 

Once you have a pick, try mining in Groddle Heights where there are many rocks. You can't mine metal without a fancy pick. 

* What to buy

Coffee: Grocery vendors have very cheap cups of coffee which provide around 20 energy each. Buy as many as you can and keep them to stop yourself from  running out of energy and dying. There is a grocery vendor in Mossystep in Groddle Forest. 

Pick: Tool or Hardware vendors sell a pick for 500c. With a pick, you can go mining, which gives high value gems. At this point you can sell a few gems to get thousands of currants. Mining uses up energy quickly, so carry lots of coffee. Tool vendor in Cebarkul (or Middle Arbor in Groddle Forest.)

Bag: A bag is very useful as it will expand the number of slots in your inventory!  It only takes a few diamonds or more valuable gems to get the 2000c needed for a bigger bag, very worth it.

Watering can: Water the trees to get them ready for harvest again.

* Welcome bag
Useful things to put in a bag to welcome a new player: coffee, pick, watering can, a note explaining this is a welcome gift. Leave it in Cebarkul where new players start the game!

Brianbrainerz replied 5 years ago

Excellent posting! Although I'm a long-time player, I didn't know that you can nibble the samme piggy only once a day. Ha, I should'ver known of that years ago...

Brianbrainerz replied 5 years ago

Excellent posting! Although I'm a long-time player, I didn't know that you can nibble the samme piggy only once a day. Ha, I should'ver known of that years ago...

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.