cthulhu posted in Off Topic 7 years ago

Because there is no room in the inventory for all the emblems one can have at any given time, I drop the emblems in a hidden spot and mark the place with a "Note to the potential thief" until I have enough emblems to iconize. I am not the only one who has these stashes all over Ur; I myself found a couple beloging to other players and, in the spirit of this entirely non-competitive game, I left them alone. Now my stash had been stolen. Granted, there is nothing to prevent such an act, even with my half-pleading note to steal the emblems if he/she must, but leave the icons alone as I worked for those.  If I feel like giving away stuff, I drop it in the drop-off place, Krios Palm, like everybody else or give the item upon asking via mail.

As such, I have no choice but to carry whatever is left of my icons with me, which means I will have no more room for making the "Welcome Newbie Pack".  If, by some unexpected attack of guilty conscience, the thief returns my icons in the Goptan Habitat stashing place (my note is still there), I will resume my welcoming new players activity.  If we want this game to achieve its former audience and possibly more, a fair-play attitude will only enhance its attractiveness. Theft leaves a bitter taste and spoils the game. Besides, why would you steal emblems from all giants? Why do you play the game then if not for doing these things, like iconizing, yourself and getting the achievements?!

Thaderator replied 7 years ago

As an alternative (for now), you should be able to send your items through the mail to yourself as a kind of personal storage system. Obviously this is not ideal, but it is private.

As an alternative (for now), you should be able to send your items through the mail to yourself as a kind of personal storage system. Obviously this is not ideal, but it is private.

I'll also say that there's always the possiblity that there was some bug which resulted in the items disappearing. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I'd like to put it out there as a possiblity that is not theft.

See Hanlon's razor

I'll also say that there's always the possiblity that there was some bug which resulted in the items disappearing. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I'd like to put it out there as a possiblity that is not theft.

\r\n

See Hanlon's razor

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

My first thoughts were on a bug, that's true, and I was almost writing it off as a glitch and start earning favor again. Gives me something to do (Hint: more quests on the difficult side may help with providing a goal). And then it dawned on me: my note was still in place, only the icons and emblems disappeared...

I will send stuff via mail, I haven't thought of that! Thanks.

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

My first thoughts were on a bug, that's true, and I was almost writing it off as a glitch and start earning favor again. Gives me something to do (Hint: more quests on the difficult side may help with providing a goal). And then it dawned on me: my note was still in place, only the icons and emblems disappeared...

\r\n

I will send stuff via mail, I haven't thought of that! Thanks.

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.