Hawkwell posted in General 7 years ago

We've all had the experience. You've just logged in and there's an exciting riff running in global, but you've missed most of it. Or you've had to reload while a good convo is going on and by the time you get back in you've obviously missed the best parts. Or the convo is simply scrolling out of the chat window faster than you can follow it. Or while taking part in a group convo in global you'd like to say something private to one of the Children, but to do so you'd have to find out what street they're on and teleport there so you could chat in local. There must be a better way.

There is!

It's the Glitch Forever Slack team. What, you say? What's Slack got to do with CofU global? (Other, of course, than that Slack is the creation of stoot himself. And based on the code Tiny Speck wrote for the Glitch chat engine.) Bare with me and I will explain all. If you're not familiar with Slack, it's basically group communication software with any number of different channels you can join to talk about different topics.

When you join Glitch Forever Slack you'll automatically be in a channel called global, but that's not the one you want. You want to go the the Channels section to find and join the channel named childrenofur-global. Through the magic of the internet everything written in CofU global appears in this channel (complete with the writer's name AND avatar), and everything written in this channel appears in CofU global. And the beauty of it is that it is scrollable and will contain at least the last several days of CofU global chatter. So you can go back and see what's been happening while you were offline. Or just take a quick peak to find something you missed. Or if you just want to chat you can fully participate in CofU global without even being logged into the game!

Plus there's full private chat capability in the Direct Messages section. So as long as you and whomever you need to say something private to are logged into Slack, you can DM away to your heart's content with them.

Excellent, you say! So how do I join? Just send an email to me: [email protected] asking to join and I'll send you an invitation. You'll need to install Slack if you don't already have it. (Or run it in your browser.) Windows, Mac, iOS, Android - take your pick. Once your in the Glitch Forever team, just find and join the childrenofur-global channel and you're good to go! See you there!

Kabatika replied 7 years ago

This is excellent!  Email sent. Thank you! 

Kabatika replied 7 years ago

This is excellent!  Email sent. Thank you! 

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.