Hawkwell posted in General 7 years ago

So you played Glitch, loved (or at least liked) your avatar, and now in CofU you're stuck (for now) with the stock avatar or one of the handful of alternatives. How do you get your Glitch avatar? 

Simply change your name to be EXACTLY (case sensitive!) the same as your Glitch name, reload, and - presto!- you're your good old self again. It's as easy as that! (Note: for a long time we were told you also needed your Glitch email address. You don't! So don't worry about that.)

So that's it unless: 1) you don't know how to change your name, or 2) (horror of horrors) you can't remember exactly what your Glitch name was.

1) To change your name: click the arrow on the right edge of the main game window. This pops out a menu and the option to change your name is near the bottom. To change costs 1000 currants, so if you're brand new to the game you'll have to work a while to get the currants.

2) If you can't remember your Glitch name exactly, but have a pretty good idea of what it was you can probably find it on the Glitch legacy site. Go to http://www.glitchthegame.com/profiles/ and start typing what you think your name was.  Luckily this search is not case sensitive, but it does appear to only match whole words - searching for hawk doesn't find hawkwell. If you give it a little while (it can be slow) it should show a list of players that somehow match what you typed. If you recognise your player here, you can click on it to go to the profile to be sure, and changing your name to match this one will give you your avatar.

Do note that the search might bring up several pages of results, so be sure to look at them all.

Also note that the search does not appear to be perfect. The other day we were helping CaptainJupiter find his glitch name. We typed in "Captain" and got things like "Captain This" and "Captain That" but nothing with Jupiter. But when we actually typed "Captain Jupiter" - bingo - there it was. So if you're pretty sure you know about what you're looking for but not getting it, keep trying.

And if still no luck, but you remember the names of some players you were friends with, use the search to find their profiles and look through their friend lists. You could well be hiding there.

So good luck, and hope to see you soon as your good old Glitch self!

Hawkwell replied 7 years ago

GAK! How did this get here??

GAK! How did this get here??

Pointy Sticks replied 7 years ago

It doesn't work when I try it -- I get the box, type in my name, hit Change Username, and.... nothing happens. The box just seems to freeze.

Pointy Sticks replied 7 years ago

It doesn't work when I try it -- I get the box, type in my name, hit Change Username, and.... nothing happens. The box just seems to freeze.

Hmmmm....can't help you with changing your name if it doesn't work for you. Maybe file a bug report.

Hmmmm....can't help you with changing your name if it doesn't work for you. Maybe file a bug report.

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.